Did you take part in large-scale projects before and do you know what can go wrong? Do you feel physically bad about writing “smelly” code? Do single-character variable names and 100-line methods make you cry? Are you alerted when you have just removed a line of code and all the tests still pass? Can you tell when the Factory pattern makes sense and more importantly when it doesn’t? If yes, you are the right person, join us!
We are building a new global transport management system for road transportation called RoadLOG. The primary goal of the project is to introduce new standard processes that will improve operational productivity and visibility. This is distributed agile project with 5 Kanban teams in 4 locations (Estonia, Bulgaria, France, and Germany). Altogether more than 50 people are working on this project.
- Develop a Java-based Transport Management System for road logistics
- Design and implement automated test-cases for your code
- Write Clean Code and refactor!
- Take responsibility for quality and long-term maintainability of the developed software
- Work collaboratively on definition, specification and design of a modular and integrated software product
- Build solid knowledge in road logistics business domain
- Deliver functional and technical documentation when appropriate
- System maintenance, support of application rollouts and operations
Your Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years of active software development experience ( We are using Java 8, Maven, Oracle, Hibernate, Jenkins )
- Academic degree of computer sciences or equivalent education/knowledge
- You love to refactor code, but not so much that you can’t remember anymore what you wanted to implement in the first place.
- It would be nice if you also understand the mechanics behind the agile methodologies and trust in self-organization.
- We would be absolutely excited if you like to pair program
- You feel proud but also responsible for the things you create
- You are fluent in English
Good Reasons to Join
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. We value teamwork, continuous learning and diversity, our working language is English. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. We are located in Tallinn, Estonia – the most digitalized place on Earth. Kuehne + Nagel opened its Corporate IT Center in Tallinn August 2012, located in new Technopolis district of Ülemiste City. Up to today we are more than 400 IT professionals and are still looking for new bright minds. #LI-DNI
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.