We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team, developing a new platform for Customer API Integration. With the API Integration platform, we want to create the foundation and backend for all integration scenarios based on our partner’s API definitions. We want to enable the organization to fully support any API-based integration patterns, where the partner is defining the APIs on their side. Within the Integration product group, we are aiming to develop a reliable, scalable, and secure solution to be used to streamline and standardize API integration scenarios.
You will be involved in all steps of the platform development process: from analyzing the requirements, agreeing on the solution with the other teams of the Integration product group, over the decision on the technology stack and project setup, to building the necessary components and finally maintaining the services in production with high-availability and performance in mind. Your primary focus will be on platform design and development with an eye on the challenges that come with working in an enterprise environment.
- Gather requirements and align within the product group on the scope of the API platform
- With the support of the other teams, define and design the right solution
- Work collaboratively on the software architecture and required components
- Set up the platform, including deployment pipelines, repositories and surrounding systems
- Deliver functional and technical documentation when appropriate
- Improve and enhance the platform over time based on feedback and changing requirements
Your Skills and Experiences
- You have solid experience implementing and working with REST and SOAP webservices
- You are comfortable with one or more object oriented programming languages
- You are acquainted to developing using agile methods, as well as working with repositories (e.g. git) and CI/CD
- Ability to both operate autonomously as well as collaborate with developers and business representatives
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS or Azure, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker is a plus
- You feel proud but also responsible for the things you create
Good Reasons to Join
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. We value teamwork, continuous learning and diversity and our working language is English. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. We are located in Tallinn, Estonia – the most digitalized place on Earth. Kuehne+Nagel opened its Corporate IT Center in Tallinn in August 2012, located in new Technopolis district of Ülemiste City. Up to today we are more than 400 IT professionals and are still looking for new bright minds.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.