An exciting opportunity has opened for a motivated, talented and driven individual to join the Workforce Time & Attendance IT Team in Kuehne & Nagel as an IT Support Engineer.
You will be responsible for the support of corporate IT applications and IT services delivered to users within an organization. You will co-ordinate with users and teams to resolve all complex application and system issues, enabling the required business processes needed for the business to be successful. This role calls for both technical capabilities and understanding of business processes. You will be given the opportunity to work with different team members such as Software Engineers, QA, DevOps and Business in order to support the operation and development of the application as part of a dynamic international team. With exposure to different tools, applications and technologies you will have the chance to develop new skillsets and knowledge. You will be a core asset critical for our success.
- Technical support and System Management of Workforce Application, servers and surrounding systems
- Monitoring and maintenance of the technical application platforms, systems, processes and documentation
- Concepts and realization of improvements to the system platforms
- Communication with internal teams and external service providers
- Anticipate and address potential technical issues before they become problems combined with incident management and escalations
- Perform upgrades of Releases, Versions and Service Packs, Project Management of such upgrades
- Support the QA with both manual and automated testing
- ETL job administration and maintenance (Pentaho)
Your Skills and Experiences
- Completed education in computer science with a solid technical background
- Ability to diagnose & address application, server issues and approach problems analytically
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux is also an advantage
- Knowledge of ETL tools especially Pentaho is a bonus
- Ability to learn new areas and new skills quickly
- Ability to provide good customer service, be a good listener and work well with others
- Good knowledge in English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Outstanding team player, able to take ownership
Good Reasons to Join
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. We value teamwork, continuous learning and diversity, our working language is English. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. We are located in Tallinn, Estonia – the most digitalized place on Earth. Kuehne + Nagel opened its Corporate IT Center in Tallinn August 2012, located in new Technopolis district of Ülemiste City. Up to today we are more than 400 IT professionals and are still looking for new bright minds.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.