We are looking for a middle Software Engineer to join our team. You will be creating, enhancing and supporting a range of projects used by the Contract Logistics business unit. As a Software Developer, you will work in a small, agile team, with the opportunity to help shape the development and delivery processes.
The key focus of this full-stack development role is application development in Node.js and Java. This varied project landscape means you should be comfortable switching between different languages and technologies with confidence. The team are responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle, including deployment and delivery, so experience of dev-ops, source control, and deployment technologies are crucial to the role. KN has a strong focus on application security and has ISO27001 –accreditation. The ability to create secure enterprise software, and ensure hack-proof internet-facing deployments is critical. You should be ready to work in a very varied environment with close collaboration within the team. We work directly with our business stakeholders and end-users: providing significant input on solution design. You should be happy working autonomously to meet delivery deadlines on small projects and be equally comfortable working as part of a team to deliver larger solutions.
- Developing new and enhancing existing functionality of enterprise IT solutions
- Delivering end-to-end solutions, from requirement analysis to solution design, through to development, acceptance testing, and deployment of the finished application.
- Ensuring high quality code, high levels of test coverage and security driven development
- Solution design in conjunction with the business stakeholders
- Support all activities across the full software development cycle
- Play to the strengths of the team in order to meet agreed delivery dates
Your Skills and Experiences
- Hands-on experience of Node.js
- Database management using Postgres
- Hands-on experience in Java stack
- Basic knowledge of dev-ops tools: Docker, OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Nice to-have: development tools: Git
Good Reasons to Join
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams. Kuehne+Nagel provides a Balance and Belonging equalities scheme, and Mental Health support
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.